Daytime Emergency Care
Contact MetroWest Veterinary Clinic
After-Hours Emergency Care
Contact Veterinary Emergency Clinic
OPEN: Evenings, Weekends & Holidays
Call: (407) 644-4449
Emergency Veterinary Services
If your pet is experiencing any symptoms or behaviors that you are concerned about, contact our office right away, or the after-hours emergency pet hospital location above.
The reliable and compassionate team at MetroWest Veterinary Clinic offers veterinary care for pets in most emergency situations. Animals are our passion, we take pride in providing quality medical care when your pet needs it most.
Steps to Take In A Pet Emergency
If you are experiencing a veterinary emergency, follow the steps below.
- Call Ahead If Possible - During regular business hours call us right away. After hours, call the emergency animal hospital listed above to let them know you are on the way.
- Follow Instructions Provided - When you call to let the emergency pet hospital know you are on your way, instructions may be provided to help you apply first aid or otherwise make your pet as comfortable. Follow these instructions carefully.
- Remain Calm - Remain calm and be extra careful around your pet. When an animal is in pain they often react negatively towards anyone trying to help and could bite or scratch.
- Bring Your Pet In For Care - Do not put yourself at risk! Safely bring your pet to our Orlando veterinary clinic or the after-hours emergency vet location above.
Emergency Veterinary Care FAQs
Read through our most frequently asked questions below to learn more about bringing your pet in for an emergency appointment at MetroWest Veterinary Clinic.
- Do I need to call ahead?
MetroWest Veterinary Clinic provides emergency and urgent veterinary care for cats and dogs during our regular clinic hours. It's always best to reach out to us before showing up if you can, but we understand that in emergency situations that's not always possible.
If we are unable to fit your pet into our schedule, we recommend that you visit the after-hours emergency vet location shown above.
- When is your clinic open?
Our veterinarians see emergency cases during our regular business hours:
- Monday: 07:30 am - 06:00 pm
- Tuesday: 07:30 am - 06:00 pm
- Wednesday: 07:30 am - 06:00 pm
- Thursday: 07:30 am - 06:00 pm
- Friday: 07:30 am - 06:00 pm
- Saturday: 07:30 am - 12:00 pm
- Sunday: Closed
- What situations require emergency veterinary care?
The following situations are examples of emergencies that require immediate care:
- Severe bleeding or bleeding that doesn't stop
- Obvious signs of pain or extreme anxiety
- Choking, difficulty breathing, or continuous coughing/gagging
- Fractured bones or severe lameness
- Seizures and/or staggering
- Bleeding from nose, mouth, rectum, or blood in the urine
- Inability to urinate or pass feces, or pain associated with urinating or passing feces
- Severe vomiting or diarrhea; 2+ episodes in 24-hours
- Injuries to the eye(s)
- Your pet has ingested something poisonous (such as antifreeze, xylitol, chocolate, rodent poison, etc.)
- Heat stress or heatstroke
- Refusal to drink for 24 hours or more
- How long will we have to wait to see the vet?
Our Orlando animal hospital is just like a human doctor's office—it can be unpredictable and you may have to wait.
We cannot predict what cases we will see and when they will arrive. If possible, call ahead to find out whether we are able to provide emergency care for your dog or cat.
If we are unable to fit an emergency appointment into our vet's schedule, we recommend that you visit the 24/7 animal emergency hospital detailed above.
- What happens if my pet needs to stay in the hospital?
Some veterinary emergencies require intensive overnight care. At MetroWest Veterinary Clinic we provide overnight care for animals in need.
While in our care, our dedicated team will treat your pet as if they were our own.
- What types of animals do you treat?
Our emergency veterinarians are mostly experienced with cats and dogs.